Monday, January 14, 2008

#14 - Red Ring of Death



I know, I know.. It's a photo blog.. It's just that I got this great new toy (flip video recorder) for Christmas and I haven't had much of a chance to play with it.. When my XBOX 360 decided to give me the infamous Red Ring of Death (RRoD)I decided right then that it would be a good time to get to play with the flip.

Oh.. did I mention that my XBOX gave me the RED RING OF DEATH...

Here's the story.. I bought my first 360 in November of 2006 (1), it gave me the RRoD shortly after purchase and I was able to exchange it at Wal-Mart for a new one (2). Brought the new one home, played it for around a month or two.. RRoD.. Again.. Took it back to Wal-Mart, the service desk associate accidentally refunded me the money instead of offering an exchange. I told the associate that it was fine and I would purchase another one at a later date... I did this thinking that I could purchase one at Best Buy because I thought maybe they handle their freight better than Wal-Mart (Yeah.. electronics tend to get thrown around while unloading a Wal-Mart truck.. Trust me I used to work there).. Anyways.. I get a new one (3) at Best Buy, take it home, play it for about 6 hours and it actually gouges my Gears of War disk to the point of being un-playable, also RRoD quickly after that.. So I took both the console and the disc back to Best Buy and got them both replaced (4).. I was told that there was a man who actually tried out 3 consoles in the store before he left and got the RRoD on every single one.. So, I brought the new one home, played it for around 6-8 months and then out of nowhere RRoD.. Took it to Wal-Mart for an exchange (Best Buy probably wouldn't exchange after that long) got a new one (5) and it's lasted me until now..

I am fixing to be on my 6th XBOX 360 in a little over a year.. I don't abuse it, I don't MOVE it, it sits next to my TV and I play it.. That's all.. I hardly even change games because I usually stick to the same game for a while.. I hadn't played for at least a week before this weekend and then I played for a total of about 2 hours this weekend and got the RRoD.. Somebody please tell me why there isn't a massive recall on these machines.. Am I the only one with this much trouble? I have a few friends who've had 1 or 2 RRoD but 5?!?! Does the fact that there is a term for this problem not bother anyone?

-Jack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.